Thursday 8 September 2011

You killed me first!!


When my frail cottony fragile blood-hued body,
Emerged into the outside world,
And I let out my first cry,
That high pitch characteristic of a girl
And ur silhouette approached me
Cast a hateful glance at me
And a distasteful one at the lady half-dead, sleeping
And u turned ur back at both of us
Not even cared to touch my seeking tiny hands,
You killed me..


When I insisted on playing with my brother,
Those childish games of ‘teacher-teacher’,’husband-wife’ or
dressing my lent out battered doll with shreds of cloth..
And u pulled me by my fuzzy plaited hair,
Dragged me across the graveled floor
my cries unheard, my open wounds un-attended,
my innocence uncared for..
The curve of my lips, extinct
And placed me among the dirty platters n a pail
You killed me..
Are we only meant to work??



When he went to the nearby school,
and came back home to get that big hug
That kiss on the cheek, that pat on the back
His stories to which everyone lent an ear
The way you all giggled when he stupidly narrated a silly joke
And shooed me away when I uttered a word
When I kept his uniform ready for the next day,
Washed his tiffin sparkling-clean
Covered all his new books, polished his dust ridden black leather shoes
And when I stealthily open his book and blankly stare at the pictures
All I got is a ‘five-digits’ impression
You killed me..


When I was ‘bartered’ off to that old insane
Who drove out the element of life from every cell of my body
Exercised his manly powers on me
Converted me into an even worse sculptured puppet
And juggled me as if I were a circus ball
Made me forget that I have a voice-box
Perished my soul
Made me curse the only one deity
I had been worshiping for so long
You killed me..


But, I never even once, protested
No, I did once
That was when u rendered me voiceless
You moulded me into whichever shape u desired
I,like sand structures,too loose to stand against
The mighty tides of ur ruthless perpetrations
Broke down every time u smashed against me
I could have been stronger,
Could have started a feud
This could have transcended into a crusade
Of unfathomable magnitude
If only all the suppressed souls like me would have
Melted together and exploded as a volcanic serpent
And charred them to ashes
Only stench and red vapors to bid them good night
But I was too meek,
I broke my heart a little too soon
And that was  when
I killed myself..

No comments: