Tuesday 31 January 2012

ExCiTeMeNt aT pEaK!!


ANOTHER INTERESTING PROMPT BY PREETI SHENOY :)

"The table is set perfectly, for 'tea for two'. (and the piece of cake is ready too).  I am really looking forward to this. There is still a good half an hour left for my guest to arrive as per the  text  I just got. Suddenly the door bell rings. The shrill cacophony of the electric bell almost gives me a jerk and I am awoken from my short slumber. Having prepared everything for my guest-my childhood friend, I thought of enjoying the cozy comfort of the sofa and drown in nostalgic memories of the days when we were together at school.  

Gosh! We will be meeting after so many years. Even if we keep talking for days and nights together, our gossip won’t come to an end. A hint of smile pervades my sleepy face as flashes of me and her playing ‘combined pranks’ at school begin to gain clarity deep inside my skull. Last night, I made a large card for her on which I pasted a few photographs-she lying against my back as I lay on the green grass reading a magazine under the winter sun on a picnic, me pulling her pony tail which rose only inches above her rubber band. I tried a new calligraphic form to write a few sweet words for her on the card. A pair of red roses (I know she still loves them) picked fresh from the florist this morning await their recipient.  

Now, as I stand on my toes again, I can feel the rush of adrenaline and my excitement knows no boundaries. I get ready to run to the door (my elation increases three times on the prospect that she arrived earlier than the scheduled time. I just can’t wait any longer). The roses on one hand and the other hand extended for a tight hug, I whisper-‘ready, steady, go.’ ‘So here you are!’- shouting this I bang open the door. With my eyes closed, I give her a tight hug. But she didn’t hug me back. Never mind, probably she is holding something by her hands and so is unable to squeeze me between her arms. Embracing her, I stood still for a good 30 seconds. ‘Aye aye o..what happened to you today, didi?’ stands our maid with a broom in her hand( Our maid, with her above average looks suddenly appears after a long gap of 15 days!!).Excitement turned me blind!!

An hour later, my friend arrives and we commence our never ending gossip with the narration of the short incident that transpired and have a hearty laugh.

11 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Hahahahaha..

Nicely done!

Thank you for taking part!

Love
preeti

Rachit said...

Very well written and expressed Rinku. Loved reading it. :)

Tan said...

LOL!!! The twist was nice and hilarious. I could pictirise it. Keep writing !!!

Preeti Shenoy said...

Had left a comment here yesterday!
Where has it gone?!

Naresh Khoisnam said...

Well, a day belated happy birthday. A nice read. Keep blogging, keep writing. Followed yours and if you would like to follow back. Visit mine at Random Writings

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

thank u,preeti ma'am..sumthn was wrong wd the comment settings,i guess..corrected it a while ago..love u......rinku moni:)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Rachit..thank u..:)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Tan..thank u for ur sweet words..:)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Naresh Khoisnam...thank u for da bday wish:)..wl surely follow ur blog...

Anonymous said...

gagaggaga:p cant control my laugh:):):) vry nice written

Keep blogging:):)

Regards
Sathya

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

:):)thank u..