Tuesday 24 January 2012

TeA wiTh aN ArOmA oF lOvE...

The creative prompt by the bestseller author PREETI SHENOY.Her latest novel is "TEA FOR TWO AND A PIECE OF CAKE"...(and she is a versatile personality and i am one of her fans..:))

"If I could invite anybody for 'tea for two' today it would undoubtedly be .................................." 

Why is that longing for having sips of ginger-aroma tea with you so intense today? ‘Ginger tea’ because it is the immediate remedy to my cold and I haven’t informed you yesterday that I caught a terrible cold a few days back and following the doctor’s regimen of ‘L-Montus’ twice a day after food has not proved to be of any help to me. You asked me why my voice sounded different. I changed the topic, lest you be worried and repeat your long list of do’s and don’ts.  Your hands have a curing effect that is better than any medical prescription (perhaps your love is the actual remedy to all my minor ailments). I remember clearly in what quantity you add the tea-leaves, sugar and the crushed ginger pieces to the boiling water. Back then, I used to lean by your kitchen door and gaze at you, your hands performing swift movements to prepare two cups of rich aroma-laden tea and a salty snack to go with it; the small talks that I used to have with you between sips and the giggles that followed.

Although you are always in the back of my mind, why am I missing you so much today? Because today is my 22nd birthday and although I have celebrated the day with my friends in the hostel, a void remains. If I could invite anybody for ‘tea for two’ today it would undoubtedly be my mom (well, the ‘piece of cake’ being the largest piece of my birthday cake)..:).This time, I will be the one to prepare the tea as I have learnt it well by observing you do so several times and you can simply relax and gaze at me..:)

1 comment:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Wow Rinku!!

What a beautiful post! I do not know if this is fiction or not, but I do feel like wishing you a happy birthday!

And you said it so well about mothers. They do have a such a soothing effect! (I miss mine now!)

Thank you so much for the kind words about my writing.
Thanks for taking part as well.
Love
Preeti