Tuesday 28 February 2012

tHe uLtImAtE PrOmPt..


This is the last prompt by Preeti Shenoy. This entire experience of writing on her prompts has been an enriching one and I loved it. I'll really miss her prompts:(



 1. If you had Rs.50,000 to just blow up (you have to spend it on YOURSELF. Giving to Charity or buying gifts for others not allowed), what would you spend it on and why?


  • A grand sum of Rs.50,000 just to blow up on myself! The very day I have the crisp notes in my purse, I’ll set out for shopping. I am a shopaholic (but still within limits). I have always nurtured a dream of having a closet full of clothes. Clothes suitable for different occasions-the smart wears, the casual wears (to be worn while going out with friends), the party wears and the kurtas to be worn only to the college. Then there are other small accessories I go gaga over like hair clutches, scarves, wrist watches and anything on display, pretty enough to grab my attention.(Oh, I sound so girlish! But I can’t help it.)




  • Having satiated my shopping urge, I’ll head to a cozy restaurant along with my friends and have a grand meal. We can go to the nearest theme park and shed the monotony of the entire week. (Well, if paying the bill at the restaurant and buying their tickets in the park is considered as a gift, I won’t do so; after all, I have to spend on myself. Do I sound selfish here?)
  • Next thing to do with the money is to go to the best bookstall in the nearest market and browse through a few novels and buy them. Not to leave behind my Medical books-I still haven’t bought my surgery and gynaecology textbooks (With a plethora of books for each subject, one gets confused as to which one to buy)
  • Hmm..what more?? Yeah, I have to get a new specs for myself. I have been using the present one for the last 3 years and I just want to have a change of look(If at all a specs can change the way you look). Or I can go for a pair of coloured contact lenses(the ones I use are transparent and the colored ones are costlier and last shorter and need repeated replacing). Or I can get a LASIK laser surgery done to get rid if my 6 year old myopia! (No, that might be far beyond my budget right now and it can wait) Phew! My dreams.


  • Why not get a bagful of crafts material and indulge in the work I love. That old uncle in the store has housed all kinds of stuff required for creative work. I may collect a few rectangles of transparent glass, a square mirror, a few packets of glass color, glitters, ribbons, ply board and all other things required to transform my room into a colourful, yet elegant one.
  • Having done all this, I’ll get myself a few bars of chocolates, enough to last for a month. My palate will be so satisfied with the pampering, at least for a month!


  • If I still have some money left after all this, I will channelize it into my back account( but I doubt if any thing will be left after my shopping spree)


2. Name three of your closest friends (not family or spouse) and say why you love them.

  • My friend from class nursery till date-Mousumi. Though we have lost contact over the years after I changed school, I will never forget her. Back then, I used to cry at school a lot .She was the one who held her tiny hand forward in friendship and I never realized then that she was to be my friend forever! Yeah, we played together, shared our tiffins, sometimes fought over silly issues and again made up after sometime. I clearly remember how one day she got rebuked from our teacher for no fault of hers (In fact, I was the one who was responsible for the prank). She stood up taking the blame on herself. That was probably in my 2nd grade, but some incidents get imprinted in the juvenile mind forever and can never be erased. She was smart, confident and acted as an elder sister towards me. She would be there when I needed her. She would be there to console me when my performance in the test fell below what I expected and I would be there for her too. She and me- we were bound by an invisible thread of trust, a thread too strong to break(evidence being-I haven’t met her for years but yet when I am asked to name my closest friend, the first name that comes to my mind is hers). You taught me a lot about life at a tender age, Mousumi.


  • Pranami, my friend since grade 4, is another close friend of mine. She is fun to be with-we share a lot of similarities and we are so open to each other. I still remember how we indulged in long talks and there seemed to be no end to our blabbering, how we used to reply back to anyone who passed any comment on us while we were walking by the road.


  • Addie-perhaps I was destined to meet this person. You are great! I like your spirit and outlook towards life. Kudos to your sense of humour ,composure when needed and childishness at times:)  (If at all you are reading this..I like it all)



3. Name three books which have profoundly affected you and which you would recommend to everyone to read.

1.Les Miserables-the first novel on which I had to submit a written review at school. I was touched by the story.
2. Doctors -by Erich Segal.
3. 34 bubblegums and candies( It has so much reality infused into it that I loved it!)


4. If you know for certain that you can never ever fail, what would you attempt to do?

To be a good doctor (yes, that’s what I have been writing as an answer to ‘My aim in life’ of slam books) and if possible, I will love to pursue my hobby of creative writing. But most importantly, a good human being, a great daughter, a great sister and a good friend.

5. What is THE ONE THING that you want very very badly?
I want a happy (and yes, disease-free!) life for myself and all my near and dear ones. And I want this very very badlyJ

15 comments:

Privy Trifles said...

Interesting combination of an aspiring doctor with the small joys of life!

Great read and nice to know you :)

Ashna said...

Great post! Tells a lot about you... and I loved the answer to the first question! ;)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Me..thank you..glad you liked it..:)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Ashna..glad you liked it..:)
I know I sound a little awkward in my answer to the first question(my dreams cease to have an end;))and yeah, it reveals a lot about me..

Tarang Sinha said...

You described every answer really well:)

Naresh Khoisnam said...

The first question's answer went on and on and on. Will you really shop that much?

Dreamer said...

The last answer made me smile. A doctor's reply it was. ;)
Great post. Nice to know you. :)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Tarang Sinha..:)..thank you for going through my post..

@Naresh..the first question took me to my fantasy land..I won't spend the entire sum on all the things I mentioned(I will preserve some in my bank account too-here I sound sane!!)..but since I love buying stuffs, I may go on a shopping spree.You see, my monthly allowance restricts my shopping urge(for things other than study materials) to a certain extent and I guess, that's constructive for me;). In addition to that, I hope I have the energy and time to shop that much:):)

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Usama..actually,that was the only possible answer I could think of...seeing the variety and number of diseases afflicting the human population and the consequent suffering it brings to the patients and their kin, I wish the term 'disease' never existed!!..One can never fathom the amount of pain it brings to see someone dying in front of one's eyes until and unless he/she is very close to the person concerned...and yes, we all strive to be happy!!(that's the ultimate goal of everyone's life, I suppose)..

Horizon said...

Very well written

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Horizon..glad you liked it..keep reading..:)

Arti Honrao said...

Good to know you :)

GBU
Arti

Rinku Moni Gogoi said...

@Arti Honrao..thank you for going through my post..:)

Naresh Khoisnam said...

Hey I've got something for you on my blog. Check my latest post :)

Me said...

You have been tagged!!